Here is a list of answers to frequently asked questions about the ELATC TESOL Qualification Program.
We have got the answer to all your questions!!
ELTAC TESOL QUALIFICATIONS
Who is LRN ELTAC TESOL for?
The course is designed for those who wish to teach English professionally online and offline around the world to speakers of other languages.
What kind of qualification is TESOL?
It is an Internationally recognized certificate that allows its holders to teach English everywhere around the world to speakers of other languages.
Where is the LRN ELTAC TESOL recognized?
It is a certification regulated by OfQual UK, whose global recognition makes the accredited qualifications accepted throughout the world.
Who can apply?
Candidates for the English Language Teaching and Assessment Certificate may include those:
- Need to personally develop, or extend their skills, within a career in teaching;
- With limited qualifications or experience in teaching English to adults;
- who wish to consolidate their understanding and/or gain a recognized qualification in teaching the English Language.
What are the course requirements?
- At least 18 Years of age
- Foreign students, a high school qualification and an IELTS score of 6.5 is required to C1 on the CEFR
- a good basic understanding of literacy, numeracy, and ICT equivalent to Level 2 and access to at least 12 hours of teaching practice in English Language education.
- Prior basic teaching experience is not a prerequisite as this is an initial teacher training qualification.
What is the course outline?
There are 5 modules:
- Knowledge, understanding and skills of teaching, learning and assessment in ELT.
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in ELT.
- Planning resources for effective delivery of ELT.
- Language Awareness and Analysis to support Skills in ELT: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
- Applied teaching practice in the ELT classroom.
How is the programme delivered?
It can be delivered within centers or via distance learning.
How will I be assessed?
There are four written assignments, 1500 words each, in addition, there are 2 teaching observations for summative assessment, and, finally, the completion of the Teacher Practice Portfolio.
What is included in the professional placement?
There are minimum 12 hours of teaching practice, minimum 6 hours followed by formative assessment ( 5 students minimum in two groups at two different levels)
When are the test results issued?
They are issued between 4-6 weeks.